Trade Machine

Automatic tools for diagnosing and performing decision making regarding buy/sell strategies in the stock, futures and forex markets. The blog may include a review or an outlook of either product or markets that are publicly accesible. By all means, none of the posts in this blog should be accounted as a suggestion to do any kind of investment or other act of choosing a product. Whoever choose to do so, is doing it on his own will and risk.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Technical Trading Jump-Start

There are many sources for information regarding technical trading. A friend of mine just gave me a list of more than 30 books on the subject and now I have to decide which of them are the important ones. I’m going to build a plan for “getting-back-into-business” which include the reading material, the tools to be used and some milestones. I will also go over again on the course material I have from the technical course I took 2 years ago.
The following are the steps that I will implement, and will write about:
[1] Choosing the books and listing some of the important insights.
[2] Choosing a trading system – probably TradeStation, but not sure.
[3] Open an account.
[4] Learn the trading system mechanics. Learn the programming language.
[5] Start trading in low profile (Paying the education fee).
[6] Share my insights in this blog. Gain more knowledge and learn new tricks.
[7] Go-No Go – Decide whether I can make a living with it or not. Which market should I work on, and many other questions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you elaborate more on your experience with TradeStation so far? I know it to be one of the most used tool in the day trading arena, however, as a newcomer I still hesitate due to the fee that is required for initial setup and monthly fee. Any suggestion?

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home